Today I have the ultimate breakfast for those, who can’t get to work without a fair amount of caffeine intake. My coffee breakfast bowl gives you the awesome caffeine kick and delivers with valuable ingredients a perfect basis to strengthen the day to start. Thank me later!
Coffee breakfast bowl
Shopping list for 2 persons:
- 100 g (gold) millet or oatmeal
- 150 ml of milk (here: oat drink)
- 1 double espresso
- 1 tbsp Xucker Bronx or 1 tbsp coconut blossom syrup or 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of coconut flakes
- 100 g fresh fruit (here: blackberries and redcurrants)
- a hand full of nuts (here: walnuts)
Required kitchen utensils:
Large pot with lid and something for espresso preparation, e.g. a fully automatic machine, a sieve carrier machine, …
Preparation of coffee breakfast bowl
- First, boil 100 g millet with 150 ml oat drink in the pot.
- In the meantime, brew the espresso.
- put the espresso also in the pot, stir and let it cook at medium heat.
- Then add the sweetener – in my case Xucker Bronx – and also the cinnamon in the pot.
- Mix well!
- When the millet has absorbed all the liquid, remove the pot from the hotplate, put a lid on it and let it swell for 1-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces (if you don’t use berries, which obviously don’t need a lot of cutting ;))
- For the perfect coffee breakfast, you put the millet in a bowl, arrange the fruit and walnuts on it and sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon of coconut flakes.
- And if you had a particularly hard night, you can of course treat yourself to another espresso!
This breakfast bowl is also a real time saver, as you get your caffeine intake in one go! It also tastes pretty good cold, so if you are in a hurry in the morning you can prepare the bowl the day before and take it as you go.