vegan, healthy, fast lunch and also delicious? Sounds difficult? I promise you, not with this recipe! This lovely Bulgur salad is awesome for your lunch break, because it is so easy to take with you! If you don’t have all of the ingredients at home, don’t worry. You can replace some ingredients or even add some if you feel like it so you always have a variation.
Vegan Bulgursalad to go
You need (2 servings)
- 2 cups of bulgur
- about 100 g Ajvar (mild)
- 1 red pepper (alternatively tomato)
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 mango (alternatively apple)
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Topping: arugula, handful of walnuts
- optional: Just Spices Hot garlic onion dip
- First cook bulgur in hot water for about 10 minutes. I always add some vegetable stock, as it gives the bulgur a bit of flavor.
- Then start cutting! Wash the pepper and carrot and cut them into small pieces. I like them in this salad relatively small, for a good mixture of all ingredients.
- Cut the mango and avocado in half and remove the pulp from one side and chop it as well.
- be careful with the pomegranate (especially when you wearing a with shirt); remove and place the seeds in a larger bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Now the bulgur should be finished. Just mix it with Ajvar and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Mix the bulgur with the cutted ingredients and add a little olive oil.
- Now you only have to top them with arugula and walnuts and your super healthy to go lunch is finished!
I like Ajvar in its mild form, but of course you can go for the spicy version! I think this salad is a perfect way to stay healthy, without a lot of preparation work. The good thing: You can prepare it for example easily in the evening and take it with you the next morning without stress.
Enjoy your lunch!