What are your first thoughts when you hear Sweden? I usually think of beautiful nature, scandinavian style and lots of coffee. However, swedes usually are not missing out the sweets to their coffee and having their traditional fika. What fika is? Its actually just a really nice word for having coffee with friends, colleagues or family and usually having snacks beside it. One of the famous sweets are Kanelbullar and Chokoladbollar, which are super easy to prepare and are also suitable for a vegan diet! So if you want to be a part of swedish tradition, you should definitely start cooking now!
vegan swedish chokladbollar
You need (about 15 balls)
- 100 g of margarine
- 100 g of Xucker light (or 80 g “normal” sugar”)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla xucker
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 270 g of oats
- 40 ml cold espresso about
- 50 g of coconut sprinkles
- optional, chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of coffee kiss from Just Spices (you can replace it with a bit of cinnamon for example)
- Put the margarine in a pot and melt.
- Meanwhile, put Xucker light, vanilla xucker, cocoa, oatmeal, “coffee kiss” and coffee in a bowl and mix.
- You probably noticed already; the preparation is pretty easy right?!
- Now add liquid margarine and mix it with the other ingedients.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for at least one hour, because it makes it much more easier to form the balls.
- Form balls and roll them in coconut sprinkles. I love hazelnuts, that’s why I added them as well.
- You do not even need to bake them and can eat them straight away!
By the way, the recipe for the vegan kanelbullar is already online in german and very very soon in english as well!
So let me know: what do you think, when you hear sweden? Ikea, Coffee, Sweets?