Some things you just have to try yourself to actually have a say. That you can prepare pasta in a sweet way always seemed to me to be a crazy idea – until recently. I’ve always thought: this simply can’t taste good! (Just like pizza with pineapples haha.) But since I’m an adventurous person I thought I might as well try it. The sweet pasta I mean, not the pineapple pizza ;). And what can I tell you… once again I was taught better. The sweet cherry pasta was so unbelievably delicious that it will certainly be very, very often on our tables! Trust me when I say: definitely try!
Sweet Cherry Pasta
For caffeine-sensitive people, I recommend eating this pasta for lunch and not for dinner. Otherwise it could happen that you have to stay up all night and watch Netflix (oh no!), because you won’t be able to sleep.
Shopping list for 2
- 250 g spaghetti (I use whole wheat spaghetti) (880 kcal)
- 300 g cherries (189 kcal)
- 50 ml milk 1.5% (24 kcal)
- 50 ml coconut milk (88 kcal)
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt light (32 kcal)
- 4 tablespoons low-fat curd (34 kcal)
- 20 g vanilla sugar (49 kcal)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (90 kcal)
- 1 espresso
- 1 tbsp grated coconut (70 kcal)
- Xucker light
- lemon balm
- Vanilla millTotal calorie count for 2 servings: approx. 1317 kcal; 1 serving has about 659 kcal
Preparation Sweet cherry pasta
- Cut cherries in half and core them (this fizzy work is best left to the husband)
- Boil spaghetti in plenty of salted water according to the instructions.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan.
- Heat cherries with vanilla and 2 tbsp xucker in coconut oil.
- Prepare espresso.
- Add cherries with 50 ml of milk and a cup of espresso.
- Add 50 ml of coconut milk.
- Season with vanilla and Xucker. (I added two more TS Xucker and some vanilla.)
- Drain the pasta and add to the cherries in the pan and let it thicken.
- Mix lean curd, natural yoghurt and vanilla sugar in a bowl.
- Remove the lemon balm leaves, wash and possibly cut small.
- Arrange pasta on a plate, top with curd and cover with lemon balm leaves.
- Last but not least, sprinkle with shredded coconut.Enjoy!