One of my favorite cakes here in Sweden is probably the so called “Kladdkaka” and means something like sticky cake, because its super soft and luscious. You almost can get it at every Cafe and Fika place, because every Swede just loves this chocolate cake. The good thing: You can easily make it by yourself, doesn’t take long and the best; it doesn’t need a lot of ingredients. And all over those advantages this beauty is vegan.
vegan swedish Kladdkaka
- 100 g (vegan) margarine
- 4 tablespoons of soy flour
- 4 tablespoons of water (bubbly)
- 300 g of Xucker (alternative 250 g normal sugar)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 100 g wheat flour (for lowcarb option: replace 40 g wheat with vegan soy protein)
- Margarine to grease
I just love this cake, because its super easy to prepare and even with limited time and ingredients its possible to create this beauty.
- Preheat oven to 150 ° Celsius
- melt the margarine (in a pod or in microwave)
- Place all remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir until it becomes smooth.
- Lubricate the springform (24 diameter) with margarine.
- Now put the mass in the cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 15 minutes at 150 ° Celsius.
The best way to serve it is probably with ice cream and (fresh) fruits!
My favorite vegan Ice cream is from Oatly in the moment. It is great value for a vegan, awesome tasting ice cream and I hope you don’t get addicted now. 😉