This meal is actually one of my all time favorites, but never made it up the blog…till now! I can’t really tell you why I’ve waited so long to share this with you, because holy moly this recipe is just delicious. But here we are! I usually eat this beauty with feta, but if you want this recipe to be suitable for vegans, just try my sister’s vegan cheese alternative. Please feel free to try it out, you won’t regret it!
Spinach Chickpea Curry
Shopping list for spinach chickpeas curry: (2 persons)
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger (about 1 cm³)
- 300 g fresh spinach leaves
- 240 g chickpeas from the tin
- 250 ml (vegan) cream light (my favourite is the cream from alpro)
- 150 g (vegan) feta light
- 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- 120 g whole grain rice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (90 kcal)
- Chili (from the mill)
- Sweet paprika
- optional: fresh coriander (some people hate it, some people love it ;))
- Cook the wholegrain rice in boiling salted water. Meanwhile:
- Cut 3 shallots, 2 cloves of garlic and ginger into small pieces.
- Then heat the coconut oil in the pan and fry the shallots, garlic and ginger.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse briefly in a strainer with clear water.
- Add them to the pan and fry it with 1 teaspoon of curry, turmeric, sweet peppers and 1/2 tsp chili and a pinch of pepper.
- Add 300 g of spinach leaves, salt and fold.
- Deglaze with 250 ml of (vegan) cream and 100 ml of water and heat it up.
- Turn down the heat and add 150 g of diced (vegan) cheese.
- Season again with salt, chili and curry.
- Finally top with planed almonds.
- Serve the spinach chickpea curry on the wholegrain rice.
Do you like curry as much as I do?