Guys guys guys, I’ve discovered a new love! One Pot Pasta! It combines everything that I like. Well, not EVERYTHING, but quite a bit. Tasty, done fast and the washing up is limited. The principle is very simple: all ingredients are mixed and cooked in the same pot. Thus, the effort is low and can be done on stressful days. Because I’m awesome, I created a recipe for you guys that’s not only super tasty but also keeps you full for some time. Also, this time I used spelt instead of durum wheat pasta and put some rocket on top to make this whole thing healthy ;).
One Pot Spelt & Rocket Pasta
You need (2 servings)
- 200 g spelt spaghetti
- 1 can of pureed tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- half white onion
- 100 g of rocket
- 300 ml broth
- optional ricotta or vegan creme fraiche (add apostrophes where needed)
- Chilli as you wish
- Sweet pepper
- the biggest pan you can find!
Preparation (about 15 minutes)
- Chop garlic and onions.
- Wash the rocket.
- Mix vegetable stock with hot water.
- Now you put all the ingredients in a pot (including the spices).
- If the pot is not big enough you can break the spelt spaghetti once in the middle (but don’t tell anyone).
- Now simply cook the mixture at high to medium heat.
- Leave the lid open so that the water can evaporate.
- Keep on stirring (important!)
- Maybe spice up a bit.
- The pasta is ready when it’s creamy.
- Dig in!
Of course you can also use different pasta, but lately I’ve really become a fan of the spelt version. First of all, it comes along with a slightly different taste and in my opinion spelt pasta (especially those made from whole grains) kinda fills you up a bit longer. Also spelt pasta contains more fiber than the conventional durum wheat one. The ingredients can be varied as desired. One Pot Pasta is also great for remainder use. If you have other vegetables at home or mozzarella and Parmesan you can also put these ingredients in the pot or replace them with others.
Have you ever tried One Pot Pasta?