Aaaand another pasta recipe! As we all know certain vegetables and fruits have a particular season where they grow and taste the best. This is when we should buy and eat them (…oh really, you genius?!). And just like with the pumpkin in autumn, asparagus makes its appearance around middle of April, so that was when I created this lovely recipe. I love asparagus, especially the green one. Combined with salmon it makes a wonderful combination in my opinion.
Asparagus & Salmon Pasta
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 250 g of pasta (I used Fussili)
- about 250 g green asparagus
- 100 g salmon – smoked
- 100 g mushrooms
- 150 g ricotta
- 1 red onion
- garlic oil
- A pinch of dill and cumin
Preparation (total about 15 minutes)
- As with almost all my dishes, the preparation is very fast.
- It’s best to start with the asparagus. I prefer to cook the asparagus in the oven because it tastes the best.
- Wash asparagus and, if necessary, cut off ends and peel.
- Lay out baking paper and spread out the asparagus. Then coat with a little garlic oil and season with salt. (I used chilli salt)
- Then bake at 160 ° C for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cut onions, mushrooms and the salmon.
- Remove asparagus from the oven and cut into pieces about 5 cm in size.
- Now put some coconut oil in a pan and let it get hot.
- Fry the onions and mushrooms.
- Sift pasta and use some pasta water to deglaze the onions.
- Add the pasta to the pan and mix with the ricotta.
- The asparagus now also can be thrown in the pan.
- Now stir well and season with salt, pepper, dill & cumin.
- Finally, add the salmon and mix again briefly.
- Done is an incredibly delicious pasta that I could really eat all the freakin time.