In my opinion you can never go wrong with pancakes. Whether in the morning or as a lunch, pancakes are on my plate regularly. Unfortunately, these delicious portions are often not very vegan- and figure-friendly, as they often contain a lot of sugar and white flour. But of course I experimented a bit around to show you this nice recipe. It’s vegan and only sweetened with xylitol (What’s that?). In addition, I used my favorite nuts in the world to create this beauty.
Vegan Macadamia Pancakes
Preparation time: 20 minutes / portions 1-2 depending on hunger
You need: (ingredients)
- 130g spelt flour
- 2 tb Chia seeds
- 30g Xucker (xylitol)
- 10g Vanilla Xucker (vanilla flavored xylitol)
- 1 tb baking powder
- 250 ml soy light
- 50g macadamia nuts
- Coconut oil
- First mix the Chia Seeds with 4 Tb’s of water
- Meanwhile, add the spelt flour, Xucker, Vanilla Xucker and baking soda into a bowl
- Then add the soy milk to the dough with a stir until it’s smooth
- Add chia seeds
- Crush macadamia nuts in a blender and stir in dough
- Add some (or like me A LOT) cinnamon
- Heat up some coconut oil in a pan (ceramic works best)
- Fry pancakes 2-3 minutes from each side over medium heat
What I always notice when making pancakes: A good pan is really the essential thing. Without a good pan, even with a lot of coconut oil the pancakes stick to the pan – that’s why I always use my ceramic one. It’s amazing for things like pancakes, crepes, etc.
This time I topped my pancakes with warm cinnamon apples, as I find the combination especially in winter deliiiiiiiicious. I usually put some agave syrup on top my pancakes to make it even sweeter. Agave syrup to me is the perfect honey substitute and goes well with vegan pancakes!