I remember when I created this recipe, I was super pregnant which equals to “super addicted to out of the world amazing high carb foods”. I mean…the baby gets what the baby wants, right?! Let’s say this herbs-of-Provence-Pasta with salmon and spinach in cream-sauce was one of my favorite “soul foods” at this time. Damn, now I’m really craving that one.
Pasta With Salmon & Spinach
Shopping list for 2 persons:
- 250 g herbs of the Provence pasta (here from Pastatelli – the pasta already contains 20% spices / herbs directly in the pasta dough!)
- 250 g of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 salmon fillets each 125 g
- 250 ml light cream
- lemon juice
- Sunflower oil
- Cook herbs-of-Provence pasta according to the instructions in salted water.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Cut the onion into small cubes and sauté in the hot oil.
- Press garlic into it.
- Cut carrots into small sticks.
- Roast the carrots in the pan.
- Roast salmon fillets also in the pan and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Rip salmon into small pieces with the help of two forks.
- Add leaf spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with cream.
- From the pasta pot add about 4 tablespoons of pasta water to the pan. Due to the herbs in the pasta dough, this is perfect for a spicy sauce! Or – if you have no herbs of Provence Pasta – season with marjoram, thyme, oregano and rosemary.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain finished pasta and then add to the pan.
- Allow to reduce to personally favored sauce thickness.
The product “pastatelli” was provided to us free of charge. Thank you very much!