Is it just me or do you also get this addiction to certain foods depending on the season? It´s a simple, quick and tasty bowl which is my favorite summer-meal. In the current cold I definitely need something warm but I don´t want to worry about what I’m going to cook every day. That’s why I often prepare a warm noodle bowl with the ingredients I happen to have at home! The basic ingredient is not salad – as it is in my summer bowls – but hot noodle soup. Today I’ll show you the recipe for my warm Noodle Bowl Asian–style.
Warm Noodle Bowl Asian-style
Shopping list for 2 portions:
1 Zucchini (76 kcal)
125 g Shiitake mushrooms (43 kcal)
2 Carrots (78 kcal)
1 Clove of garlic (4 kcal)
1 cm² Ginger (5 kcal)
20 Mung bean sprouts from the glass (8 kcal)
Juice of one lime (10 kcal)
250 g Mie noodles (873 kcal)
2 tbsps of sesame seeds (+ sesame seeds to sprinkle)
1 tsp fish sauce (5 kcal)
2 tbsps soy sauce (16 kcal)
1 tbsp sunflower oil (83 kcal)
2-4 tsps vegetable brothpepper
Whoever fancies: coriander
Total calorie count: approx. 1.201 kcal, so one portion approx. is 600 kcal
Required kitchen utensils:
1 large bowl, large pan, peeler or grater
These steps may or may not be done a few hours before the actual cooking process:
- At the beginning peel the garlic clove and the ginger. For the ginger I use a simple teaspoon!
- Then cut both into fine pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Mix with the juice of a lime, the fish sauce, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, pepper to taste and 1 tbsp sunflower oil to a marinade.
- Then slice the zucchini and then quarter them.
- Clean the shiitake mushrooms and cut them into bite-sized pieces as well.
- Mix the shiitake mushrooms and zucchini pieces with the marinade in the bowl and let it marinate as long as possible.
Here we go:
- Divide the Mie noodles on two bowls and sprinkle with 1-2 teaspoons vegetable broth – depending on your personal taste and amount of water used.
- Then pour the noodles with 300-400 ml of water (depending on the size of the bowl) and let it steep.
- Fry zucchini and mushrooms in a large pan.
- Meanwhile peel carrots and cut into thin strips with the peeler or use a grater.
- Distribute the prepared zucchini and mushroom mixture with the carrots and mung beans on the noodles.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- If you like coriander, chop it roughly and also distribute it on the two bowls.
What´s your favorite winter meal?
This post contains affiliate-links.