Do you know why I love pomegranate so much? Because it tastes awesome ,both in sweet and savory dishes! A shame that you only can get it in autumn and winter time, though. However when its time I always have some at home and need to create as much recipes as I can. But there is also the color that I love, because I always need some variety of colors in my dishes. (Foodblogger things I guess). So who is up for a savory and a bit sweet pasta dish? There you go!
Fettuccine with champignons and pomegranate
- 250 g Fettuccine
- 1 glove of garlic
- 100 g champignons
- 1/2 leek
- 50 ml white wine (If you don’t have white wine at home, use some vegetable stock instead)
- salt, pepper
- cream cheese (herbs) (you also can get some vegan cream cheese, especially in England you should not have a problem to find one!)
- 1/2 pomegrante
- cook the pasta.
- wash champignons and leek und cut it in slices.
- peel the garlic glove and cut it in small pieces.
- put some oil in a pan and fry champignons, garlic and leek for about 5-7 minutes.
- deglaze it with the white wine and cook it for some more minutes.
- put the pasta in the pan, salt and pepper it.
- mix the cream cheese, i prefer one with herbs in it, and put the pomegranate seeds on top.
Done is a savory dish with a bit of sweet pomegranate on top. Enjoy!